Hello and welcome to my website, I am Sifu Mark Beardsell and i have been training Wing Chun Kung Fu for 14 years, but hey you can read all that under the Instructors Bio, i just wanted to welcome you to the website and offer any assistance.
Firstly i would just like to keep it short and sweet for you and answer the common questions you may have in mind, after all your time is valuable right, if you need to contact me, please drop me a line i am always happy to help and advise.
What is Wing Chun?
Wing Chun is a style of Kung fu.
Its very simplistic and easy to learn.
Its quick and direct.
There are no†high flying kicks or flamboyant moves.
The system was created by a Woman.
Its suitable for all ages.
There are only six forms to learn.
Bruce Lee learned Wing Chun in Hong Kong.
He was taught by our great grandmaster IP Man
Ours Wing Chun comes directly from the Ip family
We are Teesside Wing Chun Association
Located in South Thornaby Community Centre on Wednesday nights at 7.30pm till 9pm and costs £10
Class Schedule open and private lessons
If you are not local we also offer home study courses
WE have some great DVD’s to help you get started here
We also have various schools around the world you can find he locations and the authorised instructors here
The Wing Chun system incorporates 3 empty hand forms, a dummy form and two weapon forms. These are called.
- Siu-Lim-Tau (little idea)
- Chum-Kiu (bridge seeking)
- Biu-Jee (darting fingers)
- Muk-Yan-Chong (Wooden Man)
- Lik-Dim-Boon-Gwan (six and a half point pole)
- Baat-Cham-Dao (butterfly knives)
Wing Chun also has a curriculum called Chi-sau this is designed to help you apply the techniques and theories learned in the empty hand forms to real fighting, the focus is on concepts rather than techniques so that any given time you are never stuck for a response because Wing Chun has no limitations.
Wing Chun :-
- Can be used effectively from the very first day you start training, you do not need to build up a great skill level and become a master fighter to win the fight.
- Does not meet force with force, instead it strives to redirect that oncoming force thus allowing us to overcome the attacker using the easier path.
- Work as when the fight is on, you don\’t know what fighting skill your attacker has, so it works well in this type of situation as you don\’t train for the scenario you take what comes and go on the attack.